I'm a PhD student at the CDT in Controlled Quantum Dynamics at Imperial College London. My research is on strong-field and ultrafast physics, and I mostly study tunnel ionization and high-harmonic generation.
Check out my papers - they're nice!
Slalom in complex time: emergence of low-energy structures in tunnel ionization via complex time contours. Emilio Pisanty and Misha Ivanov, arXiv:1507.00011 (figure 11 of which is my profile picture).
I did my Bachelor's degree in Physics in Mexico at the Faculty of Science at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM). I studied quantum optics for my dissertation with Eduardo Nahmad Achar, and I have some nice results on the Jordan-block structure of the annihilation operator (as well as what became the J Phys A paper). You can find it (in Spanish) in the UNAM thesis repository.
I've also got a couple of Mathematica projects over on GitHub,
QuODD: Quantum Orbits Dynamic Dashboard, a package to visualize the effect of complex time contours on the complex trajectory for the quantum orbits formalism of strong-field physics.
RB-SFA, a package to calculate high-harmonic generation (HHG) emissions in the strong-field approximation (SFA), by direct time integration of the Lewenstein model.
Top Network Posts
- 58Can a car steer on a frictionless surface?
- 47Have I discovered how to calculate the proton's mass using only integers?
- 46Do people wearing glasses have different field of view than those who don't?
- 42What is the physical meaning of commutators in quantum mechanics?
- 42Can you hear the shape of a drum by choosing where to drum it?
- 40Can we infer the existence of periodic solutions to the three-body problem from numerical evidence?
- 39How many planets are there in this solar system?
- View more network posts →