I mostly self learn Physics, I don't have a degree.
I have a good grasp on:
- physics we learned at high school.
- A-level physics topics.
- Special relativity.
- Maxwell equations.
Topics I get the idea but still struggle with the mathematics:
- General relativity. (have a good grasp on the Riemann curvature tensor, but yet to get a good intuitive grasp the Ricci tensor and stress-energy tensor).
- Quantum mechanics. (I tend to stick to wave-functions with or without asterisk and operators, the asymmetric braket notation still look too alien to me.)
Topic I barely scratched the surface on:
- Quantum field theory. (I think I got the idea of the Fock space and the annihilation and creation operators, but still need a lot of work understand how and why it works.)
Top Network Posts
- 116Forward declaration of nested types/classes in C++
- 84Why don't we store the syntax tree instead of the source code?
- 72Is it possible to start fire using moonlight?
- 57Is visiting HTTPS websites on a public hotspot secure?
- 41CSS position:fixed inside a positioned element
- 41Do people wearing glasses have different field of view than those who don't?
- 36Do STL maps initialize primitive types on insert?
- View more network posts →
Top Tags (5)
7 Did Astronomy.SE reopen? Dec 18 '13
3 Formulas are flickering in the preview as I type Apr 26 '15