I have formal training in physics, but tend to approach it very intuitively; I prefer estimation over exact calculation, principles over details. I believe many problems can be solved by making a careful sketch. Label your axes, and don't use insignificant digits.
I visit this site in the hope of sharing my enthusiasm and occasional insights with others.
Top Network Posts
- 217Extracting bits with a single multiplication
- 208Can I compute the mass of a coin based on the sound of its fall?
- 185Why does a mirror split my laser beam?
- 110How to measure the wavelength of a laser pointer?
- 105Why does my wooden door disperse light into a rainbow color spectrum?
- 96Can we theoretically balance a perfectly symmetrical pencil on its one-atom tip?
- 92Proposed new code of conduct for all Stack Exchange sites
- View more network posts →