After ten years of making avant-garde videos, I was inspired to change my direction entirely, and go for a big adventure in the world of mathematics! I'm currently half-way through a maths degree with the Open University, and I'm loving it!
Update 21.3.14: I was near to completing my undergraduate degree, however, I decided to go it alone for a bit, so that I have time to read other maths books, solidify what I've learned, and further explore/revisit branches which particularly interest me. I may even write a paper before I finish it, and do everything the wrong way round!
I also now work in the daytime as a programmer, harvesting data, hunting for discrepancies and errors, and fixing robots, and by night and on the weekends I study maths. It is always a challenge to see how much stuff I can get done in a small amount of time. But the ultimate challenge would be to somehow work on maths problems at the same time as my day job!
Top Network Posts
- 11Good introductory books on primitive recursive functions
- 10Understanding the nature and structure of proofs; Reverse Mathematics and Proof Theory. Prerequisites? Good introductory texts?
- 7Understanding the nature and structure of proofs; Reverse Mathematics and Proof Theory. Prerequisites? Good introductory texts?
- 5TeX commands and LaTeX commands- what's the difference? Good Introductory manual/guide to using MathJax, LaTeX or TeX on forums?
- 5Prime decomposition of an integer: methods of determining the prime factors $ p_1, p_2, ..., p_r$ and powers $k_1,k_2, ..., k_r$
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.